Just a drive by post.
I often see fellow writers asking or posting about what kind of music motivates creativity. Here are three genres and five albums which turn me on in no particular order.
- ELO: Time
- Bad Religion: Stranger than fiction
- Dune: Sound track
- Blade Runner: Sound track
- Jeff Wayne: War of the Worlds
Paranormal (This could be a long list)
- The Damned: Phantasmagoria
- Concrete Blonde: Bloodletting
- Danny Elfman/Oingo Boingo (Music for a Darkened Theater/Dead Man’s Party)
- Batman: Sound Track
- Nine Inch Nails: Pretty Hate Machine
- Willow: Sound track
- Carl Orff: Carmina Burana
- Leonard Cohen: (Really anything but the Best of or the Essential are both nice)
- Led Zeppelin: Zoso
- Basil Poledouris: Conan the Barbarian
This is music that gets me thinking and starts the little tag ends of what if in my head turning on the loom of my curiosity.
QOTD? What music moves you?